Click here for our Google Calendar
Chapter Election Event
Please join us for the Mid Peninsula Chapter annual election event featuring Saru Jayaraman,
an advocate for the rights of restaurant workers, and Co-Founder and Director of the Restaurant
Opportunities Centers United and Director of the Food Labor Research Center at University of California, Berkeley.
Friday, January 29, 2016 6:30 pm
Lawn Bowling Club
474 Embarcadero Rd Palo Alto, CA 94301
Light refreshments, beer and wine will be served.
RSVP: midpen.aclu@gmail Information: (650) 308-4350
Monthly Board Meetings
Our board usually meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at
7:00pm. You are welcome to come, even if you aren't currently an
ACLU member. Check our
information about specific dates.
Our usual meeting place is the Friends Meeting House on Colorado
Street in Palo Alto. The address is:
Friends Meeting House
957 Colorado Ave
Palo Alto, California 94306
This location is in a residential neighborhood. The
meeting room is at the back of the parking lot, which can look
dark and empty in the winter.
Jan. 27, 2015: Annual Meeting with
ACLU-NC Executive Director Abdi Soltani
Nov. 24, 2014: Speaker Event
with Chris Hedges presenting Civil Liberties in America: Going?
Nov. 25, 2013: Annual Meeting with
Trevor Timm of the Electronic Frontier Foundation speaking on
surveillance and civil liberties.
- May 5, 2013: Spring Event with
Senator Russ Feingold presenting Why I Voted Againt the Patriot
- Oct. 23, 2012 Annual Meeting with
Pamela Karlan on voter suppression and the right to vote.
- Oct. 4, 2010: Annual Meeting with talks on police practices and drug
- June 2, 2010 Screening of "American Violet", a dramatized case
that the ACLU handled in 2002
- Oct. 6, 2009: Annual Dinner with speaker Ann Brick on
Transparency under the Obama Administration
- May 17, 2009: School Bias and Pushout
We invited speakers to talk on our school system and it's
relationship to the prison system. Click
here to see video of the event.
- Dec. 7, 2008 Bill of Rights
The celebration was at the Regency Hotel on Van Ness in
San Francisco. Over 1000 civil
rights proponents attended.
- Annual Meeting, Oct. 28, 2008
Our annual dinner-meeting was held at
Michael's Restaurant in Shoreline Park, Mountain View.
Assemblywoman Sally Lieber, spoke on
"Juvenile Justice in California".
- Redwood City Fourth of
July Parade, July 4, 2008
Promoting fun and awareness, our Statues-of-Liberty marched in
this well organized parade. Come march with us in 2009!!
- False Convictions
Event, May 3, 2008
A falsely-convicted man, a Pulitzer-prize winning journalist,
and the leader of the ACLU death penalty program showed us just
how wrong the criminal justice system can be. The
highlights are well worth watching.
- Mid-Peninsula ACLU Annual Member Dinner | Oct. 4, 2007
- Wine and Cheese Spring Party - May 12, 2007
- Clarence Darrow: The Search for Justice | January 20, 2007
- Bill of Rights Day Celebration | December 10, 2006
- Annual Dinner | October 26, 2006
- Gay Pride Parade | June 3, 2006
- Wine & Chocolate Spring Party | April 8, 2006
Congress shall make no law respecting an
establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of
the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for
a redress of grievances.